Sunday 22 January 2012

Winter tales: Caron Parfum Sacré, the midwinter fire

It's been very cold these days, the temperature is below zero, the winds are strong and frosty, the days are short and dark, a layer of frost is covering everything and as soon as you step out of the front door you want to run back inside and hide under the covers until spring arrives. It's hard not to feel lonely, gloomy in such weather. If you are exposed to it for too long, you forget what it feels like to be warm.

On days like these, right in the heart of winter, I need something to remind me of everything that is pleasant and inviting in this world; it's on these days that I -almost instinctively- reach out for my bottle of Caron's Parfum Sacré. This beautiful oriental perfume is so warm it feels like a small, glowing fire when I wear it. It's one of the few perfumes I spray on my wrists so as to be able to reach for a sniff easily when I need it as it instantly puts a smile back on my face. It's too strong to wear on normal days, definitely more appropriate on formal/evening occasions, but when the the cold is this intense it's the only thing I want to wear. It's woody, it's peppery, it's spicy, it's alive!


My bottle is 100ml EdP (reformulated

Top Notes: coriander, cloves, cinnamon, pepper, cardamom and lemon.
Heart Notes: mimose, orange blossom, jasmine, rose and Brazilian rosewood.
Base Notes: amber, musk, civet, vanilla, cedar and myrrh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...