Monday 28 September 2015

StarGazer 161: Νebula in a bottle

Did any of you catch a glimpse of last night’s eclipse? I didn’t since it was downcast here. However, I do have a very starry-night looking polish for you today. StarGazer 161 is one of the prettiest dark blue polishes I own because even though it’s dark, it is a very vibrant shade of blue shot through with a golden flaky shimmer. It looks a lot like blue goldstone which I love. It really is fantastic!

As you can see in the pictures, the shimmer becomes apparent only under direct light. The rest of the time it looks dark blue. For all its beauty, it has a very unfortunate drawback; it is a very thin polish. I had to do 4 thin layers for these pictures and it still isn’t completely opaque under direct sunlight. I usually layer it over a dark blue, but I think this dulls down the vibrancy of the blue somewhat.
 

 

I love looking at 161’s bottle, too. Look how similar it is to the Iris Nebula (NGC 7023). You can get this polish here(non-affiliated link).
Xxx

Elysse
Close up of  StarGazer 161's bottle

Iris Nebula (source)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...