Tuesday 29 December 2015

Yves Saint Laurent Eyeliner Effet Faux Cils in 3 Noir Bronze/ Bronze Black


I find that the Christmas holidays are the perfect time to try something a bit shinier, a bit more glamorous than usual. For me that is the Yves Saint Laurent Eyeliner Effet Faux Cils eye liner in 3 Noir Bronze/ Bronze Black. It drew my attention cause I love old gold type of colours and I am glad I got it.

It’s been quite a few years now that I’ve been using exclusively Korean and Japanese eye liners, not only cause of their superb quality, but also because they don’t trigger any of my allergies. There’s only so many times one can try and fail to find an eye liner and mascara in the western market that doesn't trigger any allergies before it all feels like throwing money down the drain.

That’s when I noticed that on the packaging of the YSL eye liner were the magic words: Made in Korea. I have since noticed that the glass jar is exactly the same as my much loved Shu Uemura one(the lids are different of course), they contain the same amount of product(2.8gr) and they are very alike in texture. Given that both brands belong to the same parent company, L’Oreal, chances are they are made in the same factory. It was worth a try!


Whats it like though? It’s a black gel-cream eye liner saturated with bronze shimmer, thus making it look olive green in the jar. If you smudge it out a bit, then the black base becomes more apparent. It is super smooth, it glides on the skin easily, the colour is very opaque so you need only a couple of swipes to get it to look perfect and I’ve worn in for over 10 hours(sans a primer) without experiencing any transfer, smudging, crumbling or anything unpleasant. It almost feels like I have nothing on. On the eye it looks more black than in the jar and the bronze shimmer makes it look so elegant and delightful.

I’ve worn it lots during the holidays and I find it very reliable. It’s a very welcome shimmering addition to my eye liner collection, since most of my other eyeliners are Shu Uemura and their range is all matts. I think I might get the Jade Black next. Emerald green eyeliners are my weak spot!


ΧΧΧ
Elysse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...