Monday 8 August 2016

La Roche-Posay ANTHELIOS XL SPF 50+ Dry touch gel-cream Anti-shine


Summer under the super warm sun of the Mediterranean is really difficult for me as I get sunburnt easily. It seems my Mediterranean genes have betrayed me and that wonderful bronze colour that most Greeks get  in the summer is but a distant dream. Since I don’t want to get sunburnt I use a high SPF all the time. I’ve read up quite a lot on the matter and usually prefer a mineral sunblock or mixed types of sunscreen, but this year I decided to try a chemical sunscreen. 


La Roche-Posay’s ANTHELIOS XL SPF 50+ Dry touch gel-cream Anti-shine(non-affiliated link) is my current favourite and I’m already on my second tube. It does everything I needed it to do and a bit more. Lets bullet-point the positives to keep things short

  • Protection from both UV-A and UV-B (high SPF),
  • Water-resistant, which means it’s not going to slip away when you sweat(something inevitable when it’s 35+C outside) and it’s not going to wash away when you’re sea bathing.
  • My skin feels velvety soft afterwards and it doesn't shine,
  • It can be used as a primer if you choose to wear a BB cream or foundation on top since it has silicone in. In fact I find it to be better at that job than actual primers which simply don’t cut it in such a warm climate,
  • It keeps my skin from getting dehydrated and it’s moisturising for the dry areas of my face,
  • No white cast,
  • No irritation. There is also a non-perfumed version for those who do not like perfume in their products. I would prefer this one, but it doesn't seem to be available in Greece at the moment.

My skin feels a lot better since I started using it and though I was sceptical when I started using it, it’s definitely won me over.
Here’s the ingredients list :

AQUA / WATER,HOMOSALATE, ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE, SILICA, STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL TRIAZONE, BIS-ETHYLHEXYLOXYPHENOL METHOXYPHENYL TRIAZINE, DROMETRIZOLE TRISILOXANE, BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, OCTOCRYLENE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE

I hope you’re having a nice summer so far! Have you been on a holiday yet?
XxX
Elysse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...